Who We Are
Shop Scenes, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors — (collectively, “Shop Scenes,” “we,” or “us“, “our“) is an online fashion platform for finding plus size clothing and fashion trends. We are based in Seattle, WA.
How this Policy Applies
Who is the Data Controller?
Shop Scenes, Inc. is the “data controller” of personal data collected by all of Shop Scenes, and Shop Scenes, Inc. is responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed.
Data you Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from third parties, and information that we collect through automated means. For example, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and last name, country of residence, profile picture, email address, PayPal® information, username, and password.
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services.
How We Collect Information
- We collect information you provide to us when you request products, services, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), make comments or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to User surveys, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
- We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
- We collect information on payments to and from you and other details of Services you have purchased from us.
How We Use This Information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by performing User market research and using analytics tools;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose and share such data with any third parties, including advertisers.
How We Share Your Information With Third Parties
- With certain trusted vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as payment processors;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Shop Scenes or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your express consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Your Controls and Choices
The laws in some jurisdictions requires us to provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. To the extent those laws apply to you, your controls and choices may include:
- Updating, and deleting your registration account;
- Choosing to reject/remove cookies (by setting your browser to remove or reject browser cookies);
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers (by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance);
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads;
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether Shop Scenes is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information and ask that we correct, amend, delete, or restrict processing of your personal information. In addition, you may object to Our processing of your personal information at any time. However doing so may impact your use of Shop Scenes.
If applicable law provides you the right to request access to, (receive) port, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by Shop Scenes, you may do so, as applicable, through the User settings on Shop Scenes or by contacting Shop Scenes at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy, Shop Scenes will endeavor to take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
Although Shop Scenes makes good faith efforts to provide users with access to their personal information, there may be circumstances in which Shop Scenes is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question, where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or where the information sought is commercially proprietary.
How We Protect Your Information and Data Retention
Transfer of Information to Other Countries
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use Shop Scenes on their own. Shop Scenes does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share your personal information with third parties’ direct marketing use.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with a detailed description of the specific content or information to. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.